Last Updated: [03/03/2021]
Ariuum Inc. (“Arium”, “we”, “us”, “our”) treats your privacy with the utmost importance. Ariuum believes in clean and transparent technology practices.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following types of information:
- Personal Information: We collect personal information when you voluntarily provided it to us through our Platform or through other means. “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual, including information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. For example, we collect personal information such as your name, email address and date of birth when you create an account.
- Payment Information: When you pay for services provided by us we and/or our third-party service provider collect personal information required to process a credit card transaction such as your name, billing address, email address and credit card details. Our current third-party service provider for processing payments is Stripe, Inc. (“Stripe”). You can read about Stripe’s privacy practices by following this link: https://stripe.com/privacy
How do we use your information?
We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to register your account
- to authenticate you when you log into your account;
- to provide, administer and improve our Platform;
- to fulfill your requests for products and services;
- to communicate with you about your requests;
- to process any payments that you make;
- to personalize and improve your experience;
- to protect the security or integrity of our Platform;
- to provide or offer updates, promotions and announcements; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected the information or as required by law.
How do we disclose your information?
We may disclose your information for the following purposes:
- Third-party service providers: We may disclose your information with third-party service providers who help us provide our services. For example, we may share information with third-party service providers who provide us with development, storage, marketing, analytics, payment processing and promotional services.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may transfer your information as part of that transaction.
- Security and Safety: If we believe that the disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the security or integrity of the Platform or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ariuum, its employees, citizens, or others.
- Law Enforcement Requests: We will disclose your information if we receive an order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other person with jurisdiction to compel disclosure of your personal information. We will provide you with notice of this request, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
Cookies and other Technologies
The information we collect using cookies and other technologies may include your IP address, browser type, device and system information, unique identifier, the web page you visited before accessing the Platform, date and time stamps, crash reports, system activity and other similar information and interactions with the Platform.
You can opt out of these interest-based advertising campaigns by turning off cookies in your browser, as described above. If you opt-out of interest-based advertising you may still see advertisements from us on other websites. However, they will not be customized based on your browsing history on our Platform. You can also opt-out of several third party ad servers' and networks' cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada or an opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative.
How do you change your information?
If you have an account, you may review and change personal information which you provided to us by logging into your account and modifying the personal information stored in connection with your account. If you do not have an account or for other questions about our privacy practices, you may contact us using the email address below.
Links to Third-Party Sites and Social Networks
Storage Outside of Canada
Your personal information may be stored by us or our service providers outside of Canada. If your personal information is used or stored outside of Canada, it will also be subject to the laws of the country in which it is used or stored.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect your personal information. For example, our Platform is encrypted and protected using SSL technology. However, no method of electronic transmission or Platform is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or breaches of our security systems will never occur. Accordingly, you should not transmit personal information to us using our Platform if you consider that information to be sensitive.
Additional Rights for Certain Residents of Europe
This section applies only to natural persons (a “European Resident”) residing in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). It is Ariuum’s policy to comply with the EEA’s General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). If you are a European resident, you have the rights under the GDPR with respect to your personal information including the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us through the email address below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to the U.S. and Canada.
Additional Protections for Minors
The Platform is not directed at individuals under the age of 18 years and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from these individuals. If you become aware that a minor has provided us with personal information, please contact us at the email address below and we will take steps to delete such information.